The First Year

Friday, April 2, 2010

Surving April Fools'

Posted by Braden

Nothing strikes fear into the heart of a male RA like April Fools' Day! (Well, maybe there are a few things, but April 1 is definitely up there on the list.) Because boys like pranks. Boys feel extra prankish when away from home. College is designated as the "wild" time of one's life, when one does crazy, stupid things because one can. So I was pretty wary of the holiday designated for such endeavors. The night before and day of, I locked my door . . . and our front door . . . and the side door that we always leave unlocked. Consequently, I wasn't too worried about my own safety, just about the work that might come should any boys decide to do something in one of the lobbies or dorms that resulted in a mess that would need addressing or an incident report filled out. My saving grace proved to be the fact that we have a girls dorm across the way, and girls are more fun to prank than boys.

Mattresses were stolen, signs posted, beds relocated, food dyed funny colors, etc. But all in the girls' hall. *Sigh of relief.*

No comments: