The First Year

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time to Stir

Posted by Mitch

Today I participated in one of the thousands of tea parties taking place across the country. It was a blast! I am pretty conservative, and by nature I don't protest. In fact, today was my first protest experience. I've been active in many other political rallies and conventions, but never a full-blown protest. It felt great!



"When my country, into which I had just set my foot, was set on fire about my ears, it was time to stir. It was time for every man to stir." —Thomas Paine

That sums it up. I believe that our government is outspending and over-regulating. Just as I am about to embark on my journey through adulthood, I feel the present administration is paving the way to failure for me. I am just about to step foot onto the soil of American politics and I've seen the sparks of the fire being spread around my ears and I am about to stir. Today was my first step in a series of "stirs." Boy, I can't wait to get further into adulthood.

No comments: