The First Year

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Settling on a Major

Posted by Trevor

Well, the first year at BYU has officially ended. I promised myself at the beginning of fall semester that I would not choose a major this year. That way I could keep my options open and see what might spike my interest—I wouldn't limit my opportunities by chaining myself down to one major right from the get-go.

Now that the year is over, I can go ahead and declare a major with a clear conscience.

After much debating, I've decided to pursue a career in animation. This came as a surprise to me. Though I've been known in my apartment and all through high school as being the "Disney Guy," I never seriously considered working for a major studio. In fact, I never considered any kind of degree in visual arts at all. But, as everyone says, the first year of college changes everything, and I can testify that this is true.

For your enjoyment, I've attached my three projects from my beginning animation class. (Hopefully they play correctly. I'm not the most tech-savvy person the planet has ever seen.)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing an example of your work! Good luck with your "new found" major and what a fun place to work in the future--Disney!