The First Year

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bonuses

Posted by Braden

So today I went to the bookstore to sell back some of my textbooks, not really expecting any of them to be taken. One of my professors had said he was almost done with a new edition of the book, and that class only has one section available in spring term, so I figured that if the book was returnable, the quota would fill really quickly. Another professor told me that this was his last semester using our current book, and I knew that one of the other two professors who teach that course was already using a different book, so I didn't think the Bookstore would be accepting it. On top of that, I bought this book online, and it showed up in pretty bad condition. With a few well-placed pieces of packing tape, I had it looking much neater, but still, I didn't think I'd be able to return it. But then, surprise! I left the Wilkinson Center with $133 of cold cash in my pocket. It was like finding a quarter on the sidewalk, or reaching into the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn for a while and finding a dollar bill  . . . only like 532x or 133x better! Better yet—I bought both of those books used, one for $20 before selling it back for $50 today, and the other for $55, which I sold back for $83! What a wonderful, beautiful thing. :)

1 comment:

michelle said...

I'm always telling people that buying online is the way to do it, I have gotten more than what I bought the book for lots of times. It's awesome!