The First Year

Friday, December 11, 2009

Reading Day

Posted by Braden

My "Reading Day" looked an awful lot like any other day. If anything, it felt less full of schoolwork than regular days during the semester when you still have future exams to study for and projects to work on, but you also have homework to worry about.

I spent 4.5 hours sitting in classrooms--for exam reviews put on by TAs, rather than actual class--spent an hour or two outside of class studying materials and finishing up projects, and spent the rest of the day playing! Before, between, and after schoolwork, I found time to practice a song that my roommates and I are singing on Sunday, meet a friend for lunch, go grocery shopping, make puppy chow with some girls in my ward, watch the Dark Knight in their apartment, and stay up talking with them in the lobby until 1:30.

There was still plenty of work to do, but for someone who has kept up with work along the way and attends as many reviews as possible, it was relatively minimal in stress. I have been getting the sensation lately that I'm about to explode. After reviewing for all these comprehensive exams, I feel so full of information that I'm afraid I'll start leaking. I wish we could have started taking the exams last week! But alas, no. Instead, I'll spend an hour in a line outside the testing center on Monday, waiting to take my finals . . . just like everyone else.

No comments: