The First Year

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finally done with my final final! Wahoo!

Posted by Laura

After many hours of studying and learning, my finals are officially done with, at least for this semester.

Finals week freaks me out. It is so nerve wracking trying to remember all of the material that you have been taught in class. All of your work and studying comes down to one final test. How do you know how much time studying is enough? How do you know where to begin for a comprehensive test? How do you survive with all of those test all concentrated in one week?

To be honest, I was pretty nervous and didn't sleep very well Sunday night. Yet, as the week went on, I was feeling more confident. It's easier to focus on studying for tests when you don't have class attendance or assignments to worry about. It makes you feel a little better walking in the library and seeing that most of the seats are occupied by wide-eyed students going through the exact same worries you are.

After my first couple of finals, I got to a point in studying when I felt that I was prepared and had done everything in my power to prepare. When all is said and done I think I was imagining the worst for finals week. However, I was surprised at how well I was able to retain all of the information that I studied. I felt so good about my preparation and grades for finals, and it feels so nice to have them done and to be able to enjoy the holiday break.

I have had such a great first semester at BYU. It's like I have been imagining and working and preparing for BYU my whole life and am finally able to live my dream. It has been full of so many new opportunities and experiences that have allowed me to grow spiritually, mentally, and socially and I have loved every second of it. I have also learned that the time goes by so fast. It's mind boggling to think that I have officially finished my first semester of college and that I have so much to look foward to. BYU is such an incredible university with a great tradition and I feel so blessed to be a student here.

No comments: