The First Year

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Glorious Day

Posted by Braden

Today was a day to be remembered: textbook sell-back day.

There were moments of pain--$170 of my original purchases were not being accepted for sell-back this semester. And they're not even books/packets that I have any interest in keeping! Two of them are also for a class that isn't offered at most colleges (history of creativity), so there is very slim chance that I'll be able to sell them online. :(

There were moments of joy--$276 in cash for the books that they would take back! I left with a much lighter backpack than when I showed up.

There were moments of boredom--I showed up with some friends 20 minutes before the Bookstore opened, and we had to walk down five separate full-length hallways in the Wilk to find the end of the line. And we were the lucky ones! Fortunately, the whole process only took about an hour.

And now studying for exams is going to be just a little bit more complicated . . . fortunately, the library has a few copies on reserve, I've got very thorough notes for most of my classes, and I can access one of my books online through the end of the year using the password that came on the inside of it.

Selling back my books didn't feel good enough to cancel out the $600 I spent buying them . . . but it certainly gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, nonetheless.

No comments: