The First Year

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Posted by Laura

It’s a new year, a new semester, and a fresh start, and I am so excited! Having a clean slate gives people hope that they can improve something to make this year even better than last year.

Many things changed in 2008. I went from high school senior to high school graduate; from being classified as a member of the Relief Society to moving out; from starting my first day of college to to finishing my first semester. That was a lot of growing up in a very concentrated amount of time.

Yet looking back, I have loved every minute of it. Last year was full of moments when I was scared to death about what the future and moments when I was floating on cloud nine and thinking life just couldn’t get any better. I don’t know what 2009 will have in store for me, but reflecting on the time that has passed reminds me that life is good. If I follow my New Year’s resolutions, I will become a better student, friend, roommate, and person, which will make life even better.

Note: As with most other posts on the First Year blog, this post was written a year ago, hence the references to 2008 and 2009.

No comments: