The First Year

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Class that Ate My Second Semester

Posted by Braden

So I thought that after the first couple of assignments from my ME 172 (engineering graphics) class, everything would get easier, because I'd start to understand the programs, and assignments would take less time.

No, each assignment still takes five to six hours to do.

I've done five assignments now; we have two assignments per week. I'm just not used to such large assignments! Reading assignments for my other classes never take that long, and any single math assignment has never been that large. And these aren't even projects; they're just regular homework assignments that, by nature, take forever to do.

Thank goodness I took this class this semester instead of last semester! If I'd been introduced to college with this class, I do believe I would have died—or at least been very distrusting of college for a very long time. Because I already have a semester under my belt, I now know that this class is the exception and not the rule, though it may be normal when compared to other mechanical engineering courses; I guess I'll see.

No comments: