The First Year

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nap Time

Posted by Braden

I've tried really hard to do better this semester—really, I have. But no matter what I tell myself, I just can't seem to get in bed before midnight. There's too much happening late at night to sleep through it all! At the end of last semester I was averaging a 2 a.m. bedtime. This semester started with an average around 1 a.m., a minor improvement. However, my schedule also changed; my first class no longer starts at 11 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Now my first class starts at 8 a.m.! So I save one hour of sleep five times a week and lose three hours three times a week; that's a net loss of four hours of sleep per week for Braden!

I have remedied this with the reintroduction of nap time! (Reintroduction in that nap time WAS once a part of my schedule, but I was 3 feet tall then). I suppose it isn't necessarily a scheduled thing. Usually it happens just two or three times a week; I get in bed in the middle of the day and set my alarm for an hour or two later. These naps are nothing big, but they sure do help me keep my head during the week!

No comments: