The First Year

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do You Want Fries with That?

Posted by Elise

This semester holds a lot of firsts for me: It's my first time taking a dance class, living in the snow, choosing my entire schedule on my own (no Freshman Academy envelope this time). But most importantly, it was my first time getting a real job. And by real I mean my boss is someone other than my dad.

So the first week of work was . . . well, actually it was kinda fun. I work at the Scoreboard Grill in the Cougareat. And, yes, that means I’m flipping burgers for minimum wage. But that’s the best way to start out, right? The people I work with are so fun to be around; everyone is joking around and chatting while we work, even singing at times.

There is rarely a dull moment at work because I work the lunch shift--rush hour! Being busy helps the time pass quickly. And here’s the best part about the whole thing: I get to go straight from work to my last class, choir. So of course I walk into choir smelling like burgers and fries. Now let me tell you, that’s an attractive scent right there! I just wanna bottle it up and use it as perfume. And for those of you who did not catch the sarcasm in the last few sentences, "gullible" is written on the ceiling.

No comments: