The First Year

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three Generations of Cougars

Posted by Laura

Last weekend was so fun! How could a BYU football game get any better? We completely dominated, smeared, demolished UCLA, and man, was it sweet to watch. What made it even more sweet was that my mom and grandma got to come watch it with me and my sister; it was a three generation event.


After the game, I was able to walk around with my mom and grandma and they were able to tell me some of their experiences at BYU. I never knew that my grandma still has get-togethers with her roommates from BYU or that she was on the newspaper organization kind of like our Daily Universe but it was called The Press back then. It was really neat hearing all of their stories and knowing that I am creating those memories that I will look back on, today.

I have loved my ward! Everyone is so friendly and outgoing. This Sunday at church, I was called to be the publicity coordinator. I am not too computer savvy, but I am still so excited to start. After church, my roommates pulled out the ice cream. Literally. When they scooped it, it came right out of the box and was just a big cube of ice cream. So we decided to do what any normal person would do and sculpted it, into a bus. Nobody wanted to ruin this art so it is on the plate in our freezer, firming up.


Note: Like other posts on The First Year blog, this post was written in 2008 and discusses events (the BYU-UCLA football game) that happened a year ago.

No comments: