The First Year

Monday, September 21, 2009

My First Paper at BYU!

Posted by Ashley

Normally I am the one who dreads writing papers, but this one I actually enjoyed writing. It didn't take very long, which was a great plus. And that is not because I did a poor job on it but rather because it was a topic that I love and have a lot to say about it. This paper was for my Book of Mormon class. We were to write a paper on any gospel topic we wanted. The format is pretty much just what you would prepare for a talk in Sacrament meeting. I chose the topic of a change in heart or being truly converted to the gospel. Since I am a convert (I was baptized about three years ago) I figured this would be a great topic for me to write about.

I love my Book of Mormon class. It reminds me so much of seminary (I think it helps that my Book of Mormon class is pretty small compared to many.) Seminary is where my conversion story starts so it is something that I love and miss very much. I am very excited to see what I will learn in this class as well as how my testimony will be strengthened.

No comments: