The First Year

Friday, September 25, 2009

Oodles of Tests!

Posted by Laura

This week I survived four midterm tests! It was actually pretty nerve racking just because it's the first test of a class and you don't really know what to expect. I have heard that college tests are just ridiculous, but what is the definition of ridiculous? Does it mean you have to memorize every word in the textbook and your notes to get a passing grade, or does it mean that if you decide to party the night before and don't study then you will get a ridiculous low grade?

Well, now that I have four under my belt I think the actual definition is that if you go to class and put in extra time outside of class to make sure you know the concepts, they are reasonable. I don't think I had ever put as much time in studying for a test throughout my educational history. But my preparation paid off and I felt really good about how I did on each of them. It just shows that hard work truly is the key to success.

No comments: