The First Year

Friday, October 9, 2009

In Which Order Did Lehi's Family Enter the Ship?

Posted by Brittany Karford Rogers (BA ’07), Associate Editor

The Testing Center holds some mystery for first-timers. “It’s weird that you can take the test whenever you want,” says Sini. “You don’t have a certain time.”

Her first test there, a Book of Mormon test, had a Tuesday-Saturday run. “I’ll probably take it Thursday, because when it’s Friday, I feel like Friday.” She was more worried about taking a multiple choice test. “We don’t have multiple choice in Finland. It’s all essays,” she says. Then there was the apprehension about being graded on her knowledge of the Book of Mormon. “I have to think, ‘OK, this is nothing to do with my testimony.’”

In the end, a score of 92 out of 100 shone down from the TV monitor in the Testing Center on one elated freshman. “I was so happy,” Sini says. “Some people told me the professor would ask ridiculous detailed questions, like ‘In which order did Lehi’s family enter the ship?’ Luckily, he didn’t.” The questions were reasonable, Sini says. “I don’t mean it was easy or anything. Actually, the night before I stayed up until 2 a.m. and studied. But it was worth it!”

No comments: