The First Year

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Is It Just Me? Or Is Marriage Being Shoved Down My Throat?

Posted by Elise

All week, every time I turned around, someone was telling me to get married! Or at least talking about it like it should be a prominent part of my life right now. From the chastity lesson in Sunday school to the childbirth video in Human Development, it's starting to make me sick--and that's not just an expression! It's even seeping into my dreams--no joke! Don't get me wrong--marriage is great! It's a fabulous stage of life, but I am nowhere near that stage right now! I've been on five dates in my whole life; I am not ready to choose an eternal companion.

Sorry to all of you who had to read this. I'm sure the rants of a frustrated freshman are pretty boring. But everyone's allowed their rant every once in a while, right?

2 comments:

Keeley said...

Rant away! I can imagine it must be really irritating. Just imagine what it will be like when your friends start marrying off...GAH!

I guess just hang in there...relax, and let it all flow in one ear and out the other until you're ready. =)

ldsjaneite said...

I agree--rant away! Because it gets more frustrating as time goes on. Especially when you do feel more ready for that stage of your life, and you keep preparing, trying to live right, and growing closer to the Savior--yet you have people not only ramming marriage at you but accusing you that you aren't doing anything to help it along. I know it's a tough world for everyone, but the single life at any age certainly has its frustrating, sorrowful moments, too.