The First Year

Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Amazing Weekend!

Posted by Ashley

All my roommates were planning on going home and staying with family for conference weekend. Since I don't have family in Utah, I called up my friend whose family I consider my second family, and they were happy to let me come stay with them over the weekend.

So my roommate's dad is a bishop, so he was able to get us tickets to go to conference on Saturday morning. I was SO excited. I had never been to the Conference Center for general conference before (actually the first time I was there was the weekend before when my other roommate invited me to go to the general Relief Society broadcast). Not all my roommates were able to go to conference, so the one with the tickets offered me another ticket so I could bring my friend. We took the FrontRunner and the Trax to get to Salt Lake. It was quite the adventure.

I love conference. Last week it was what kept me going. I was so excited. Every time someone mentioned conference, I wanted to scream with excitement. Being able to actually be in the Conference Center was AMAZING. I loved it. This weekend was so great. I loved all the talks. I enjoyed being with my "family." They felt bad for not doing anything exciting while I was with them . . . but I really enjoyed just being able to relax and not have to think about school for a bit and just enjoy the time with people I love. It made me miss my family but I was glad that I was able to be in the family environment for that fabulous weekend. Not to mention the wonderful home-cooked delicious meals and treats.

I loved what Elder Andersen said during the Saturday morning session about not knowing everything but knowing enough. I definitely got a lot out of those meetings. I can't wait until next conference.

1 comment:

ldsjaneite said...

What's even more awesome with BYU is when you return to school the next week and your teachers often say, "And as [so-and-so] said in Conference this past weekend..."