The First Year

Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's All About Being Busy

Posted by Mitch

I haven't been terribly responsible in keeping up with these posts, for that I apologize. BYU keeps its students busy as can be, and I'm no exception.

Last night I had a four-hour review in accounting 200! The session started at 6 p.m. and got out late around 10:30. My teacher, Norm Nemrow, is awesome, so it wasn't too hard to stay entertained. Norm's enthusiasm for accounting is amazing. It really makes a difference to have teachers who actually care about what they teach. That's the biggest difference I've noticed between high school and college.

I have had my first couple of exams in the past two weeks and I plan on taking one tomorrow for accounting, which will be interesting. I don't test well to begin with and Norm mentioned that the average on the first exam is only a 77 percent, so we'll see how well I can squeak by. But I'm going to hit the books/software hard tonight and tomorrow morning and do my best.

Not to make this a discussion, but I noticed that Braden is in my Biology 100 class with Doc. Smith. That kid is amazing; he practically taught Doc. Smith last Monday on the review. Good job, Braden!

That's all I have for now. I will try to stay more in touch.

No comments: