The First Year

Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Uncertain Future

Posted by Trevor

Well, I must say that I've never written on a blog before, so I'll try my best here. Much earlier in the semester, I approached a booth outside of the library advertising for the Disney College Program. After speaking with my neighbor who had graduated from said program, I decided to gather more information about the program.

After attending the information meeting on campus, I filled out a job checklist, set up an interview time, and began the process of applying for the chance to work at the Happiest Place on Earth. I had my interview with the Disney representatives and even had an audition to be a character performer (which was WAY out of my comfort zone!). With the process completed, now all I have to do is wait for 3-5 weeks to find out if I made the final cut.

However, class registration waits for nobody. So, I stayed up until past midnight to register for winter semester classes. I couldn't help thinking, "What's the point in this? I may not even be here next semester to enjoy these classes." Now with registration done, my future for winter semester remains a mystery to me. Will it be more grinding away at the grindstone of BYU, or will it be working away the semester in warm, sunny Florida? As a guy who likes to have everything organized and laid out before me, this uncertainty places me in a very stressful and even frightening situation. With no other options, all I can do for the time being is wait, wait, wait...

No comments: