The First Year

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Missionary Shopping

Posted by Braden

Wednesday I went shopping for all of my missionary gear! Here's what I got:
1 suit
12 white shirts
2 ties (these were free with other purchases)
4 pairs of slacks
1 belt
12 sets of garments
2 sets of thermal wear
2 pairs of sturdy, waterproof shoes
12 pairs of black socks
2 pairs of wool socks
1 sweater
1 set of baptismal clothing (white pants, white socks, white tie)
1 missionary bag

It all cost a grand total of $1,142.19

But it was totally worth it! I have to have all those things, and I've been saving up all my life for mission expenses. And today, I got to wear my new suit to church with my new white shirt, a new tie, new socks, and new shoes, plus a new "Russia Samara" pin on my lapel (that one wasn't required, but I like having it). I love new clothes! It hurts a little bit knowing that they'll all be fairly worn to shreds by the time I get home, but such is life. We (my dad and I) were able to get all of the required articles from three stores: Missionary Mall, Mr. Mac's, and Sports Unlimited (for the thermal wear). Now the tricky part is getting all of it home, along with all of the stuff that I already have with me here at college, and then getting all of it back in the limited amount of suitcase space that I'm allowed to have at the MTC and in the mission field!

No comments: