The First Year

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Devotionals, Forums, and CES Firesides

Posted by Laura

Something that I have really grown to love while attending BYU is the opportunity I have to attend devotionals, forums, and CES firesides. I really enjoy Tuesdays; I look forward to a break from my studies to be motivated by the speaker. It's an hour in the week when you can sit back and ponder how you can do better—the changes that you need to make. Today I was able to attend Elder Robert D. Hale's CES fireside in the Marriott Center. I always feel so blessed to be in the presence of General Authorities and Church leaders, to see their passion for the gospel and feel of their spirit. I absolutely love being a student at BYU and participating in the great traditions of this school. There are opportunities that are available here that you cannot experience anywhere else, and I am so grateful to be a part of that.

1 comment:

ldsjaneite said...

This was one of my favorite things about BYU. I'm glad you take advantage of it. It shocked me how relatively few students came.