The First Year

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Whole New World

Posted by Laura

Today is a day I have worked and prepared my whole life to enjoy. It's a day that seemed like it would always be a picture in my head because it was planned so far in the future; yet, I lived this surreal day today as my first day of college and I loved it! It was full of so many neat experiences and opportunities.


One of the many differences when you compare college to high school is the number of students. I definitely felt like a very tiny fish in a macho pond. It was overwhelming to think of all the people that I didn't know in all of my classes. However, my perspective changed when I realized that I have the opportunity to meet all of those people if I put forth the effort. Even after just one day at BYU, I have gained an appreciation and love of its diversity. People from everywhere across the country and even across the world come to BYU for their education and it makes the class room environment so much more dynamic. I am slowly but surely getting a sense of direction of campus and all of the different buildings, including the advertisements to get involved: like the one in this picture. I am loving BYU!

P.S. As a pre-dietetics major, I am advising Braden to eat more than hot dogs while at BYU. :)

No comments: